Thursday, December 11, 2014

Studying

I don't know about you guys, but I have been studying all day for almost the past week.

What I've learned: College finals are no joke.

Going into finals I really didn't think it was going to be that big of a deal. Looking back at finals in high school... now that was a joke. I thought I would be okay just studying each subject for a couple of hours. Man I was wrong. I ended up dedicating about four entire days to math (120) and two to english. And when I say days, I mean the entire day... about 14 hours or so. I am just so thankful that I started studying earlier rather than later because that would have been a recipe for disaster.

TIP #1: Finals is not the time to procrastinate!

Now for a mistake I made... I started studying for math first because I anticipated that it would take me a lot longer than my other classes and I had a lot more information that I needed to cover. Well... I got a little carried away with math and ended up 'forgetting' about my other subjects. Saturday night I remembered I still had a bunch of english questions and notes I had to finish preparing for my final, which was today. So I ended up having to do most of my english in about two days and didn't feel as prepared as I could have.

TIP #2: Study your materials in the order that you have your finals!

I also decided that it would be a good idea to go out with my friends on friday night.. mistake number 2.I should have stayed in and studied on Friday because by Saturday I was already in 'weekend mode' and wanted nothing to do with my textbooks or highlighters.

After all we are here to go to school, so finals should be taken seriously! As long as you don't save your studying until the night before you will be fine! <--- future note to self.

I hope everyone survived finals week... and for all of you ladies out there that still have finals tomorrow..........Here's a little motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment