Saturday, January 24, 2015

Todays adventure...


Today my friends and I decided to take a mini break from Santa Barbara and head to Malibu for the day!

Our first stop:
Malibu Farms on the Malibu Pier. I don't know if you've ever been to Malibu but it is a very upscale area. Let me start by saying the food at Malibu Farms is phenomenal. I really recommend it to everyone! I got the breakfast sandwich which was very delicious. They have an array of very unique items, such as persimmon salads and fried egg sandwiches. Also, if you do happen to stop by Malibu Farms you have to order one of their unique lemonades or juices served in these cute mason jars! Aside from the good food, Malibu Farms is known to serve some very famous celebrities. Today my friends and I sat right next to Orlando Bloom. What are the odds? Of course we didn't want to seem like crazy fans so we just nonchalantly said hello and continued on with our lunch.... Now I am sitting here wondering why I didn't ask to get a picture with him... Oh well, it's the memory that matter right?!

 After we finished lunch, we headed to a private beach to get our tan on. If you ever want to beat the crowds while you're down in Malibu look for a row of condos right at the top of the canyon and you'll see an almost hidden white stair case. If you park on the side of the free way there's a little trail through the brush that will lead you to the stairs. There is just enough sand to be able to lay a towel down for some tanning, along with some rocks a few hundred feet down that make for some beautiful scenery and a very cool backdrop for pictures.

After we finished tanning and taking pictures, we decided to head to back to Santa Barbara. We were about ten minutes into our ride home when we look over and see a Mercedes G series. While we were admiring the car and dreaming about one day being able to own one my friend Chynna blurts out "Wait, pull up!!" As we crept forward we realized that the driver was in fact Robert Downey Junior! That's two Celebrities in one day. I have lived in California for almost seven years and I have yet to see any 'big time' celebrities..until today that is. So if you would like to get some shots of anyone famous I would highly recommend visiting Malibu! I'd say the odds are pretty good!


No comments:

Post a Comment