Friday, October 16, 2015

One of the best decisions I've made this semester

As I'm sure all of you will agree, the college life is a very, very busy life. From going to class all day and then coming home and going to work, only to get off of work and come home to piles of homework and notes to study, and then devoting the other, very minimal free time you have to your social life....you barely even have time to eat. That being said, there is definitely not much time left over to dedicate to exercising or working out and usually with a busy schedule, exercise is the first thing to go, especially since the last thing you want to do when you get home from an exhausting day is hit the track or go to the gym.

That being said... I took it upon myself to make sure I stay healthy this semester and decided to enroll in a PE class for credits. My roommate was enrolled in intermediate spinning and on the first day of class she convinced me to go crash the class. I ended up getting the last spot in the class and I am so happy I did. I think deciding to take a PE class was one of the best decisions I've made regarding my schedule. 
By adding a PE class, it forces you to work out, and not just put it aside because you 'have better things to do..like watch netflix. Because the class counts as credit, attendance is mandatory. At first I was a bit hesitant because I felt like there was going to be days where the last thing I wanted to do was go to spinning, but actually I feel the exact opposite. I actually look forward to my Monday and Wednesday afternoons because of spinning. The spinning coach, Kristina Bautista, is wonderful! She really takes into account how the majority of the class is feeling and bases the workout on what everyone wants to work on for that given day. 
Not only has my decision to take a PE class been beneficial to my physical health, it has also proven extremely helpful to my mental health as well. I have already mentioned the importance of destressing and giving your mind a break, and taking a PE class is definitely a fantastic way to do so. Every time I step into class, I free my mind from all of the hectic school and work worries and focus on myself and my over all health. I have also noticed that I am much more alert in class, and much more productive when it comes to doing homework after spin class. 
I 100% recommend enrolling in a PE class next semester. SBCC offers many different kinds of PE classes, ranging from dance classes, to pilates and yoga, to kickboxing and self defense as well as ocean swimming and surfing to name a few!Take advantage of all of the great classes that SBCC has to offer, I promise you won't regret it!


No comments:

Post a Comment