Sunday, November 15, 2015

Life always keeps moving forward

During this time in our lives so many things are changing constantly and sometimes it's hard to get a grasp on everything thats going on. It's also hard to realize that as we grow up, people start to go their own ways, ways that benefit the lifestyle and career choices they are trying to pursue. This has been ever so present in my life lately... I have felt myself becoming more and more distant with people who I never would have thought I would grow apart from, and anyone who has ever experienced this knows just how terrible of a feeling that is.

I'm not going to lie, I have been pretty down about the fact that I feel that my best friend and I are drifting apart but today I came to the realization that this is only part of life and that just because we might not be able to call each other, or text each other everyday doesn't mean we won't keep in touch every once in a while. I've also realized that drifting apart from someone might be in the best interest of each of the people involved in the friendship because different life paths call for changes in relationships, and the need for new, different relationships in order to keep moving forward. In thinking about it this way, I've gained a new perspective and am able to keep a more positive head on my shoulders knowing that this is part of life, and I hope that if any of you are going through the same thing, this post helped you to understand that everyone will go through this at some point, especially in college, and that this is all part of lives magical cycle.

Just know that with whatever you are going through right now, whether it be feeling distant from a close friend, being stressed out about your hectic schedule or even a mid-term or paper coming up everything will work out. My advice to you is that if you are ever feeling down, upset or stressed out, just know that almost every other college student is feeling this way to some degree, so keep on pushing on and you will be just fine!

Have a fantastic week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment