Wednesday, February 18, 2015

California Girl

Like I said in my last blog, through the college transition you do grow apart from certain friends; however, you also realize that some friendships are extremely valuable, a bond that, no matter how far the distance, cannot be broken.

For starters, I am really going to miss New York and of course, Riley as well. I am so lucky to have two awesome best friends in my life who I know I can always turn too. Our New York 2015 trip was definitely one for the books!

New York City is so different from California-much more fast paced. Parris and
I could barely keep up with the constant hustle and bustle.. We were at least twenty steps behind Riley everywhere we went. Although New York was great, I think I will definitely be a California girl for life. I could never imagine myself anywhere but by the salty water and sunny skies. I think living in Santa Barbara is to blame for this. Waking up in February and being able to put on a swim suit and walk just blocks to the beach is such an incredible way of life. I love the leisure that comes with living in California. There is literally always something to do, especially in Santa Barbara-go on a hike, go to the beach, play volleyball, go on a bike ride along the beach, the list goes on. I feel like California is such an active place to live-there is so many opportunities to stay healthy and so many amazing and close cities to go visit for a weekend get away. And let me tell you the people are a heck of a lot nicer than the New Yorkers. I can’t tell you how many times I was shoved out of the way or hit on the shoulder walking around in the city. Oh and don’t even think about asking anyone for directions because they will gaze at you like you’re stupid! Over all, there isn’t much not to like about California, in my opinion!
 
I guess you could say…

Once a Californian, Always a Californian!

No comments:

Post a Comment