Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Luria Library

The most beneficial place on campus: The Library.

I have to admit my first semester of college I didn't utilize the library at all. In fact, I didn't even step foot in the library until this semester, and that was only because I had a two hour break in between my classes and I wasn't sure what to do with myself.. Well I have to tell you, I am so glad that I decided to start to utilize the library!

For those new to utilizing the library:
When you first walk into the library, there are round tables set up for studying. This is a great place to do group work or have a study session with friends. Right behind these tables are the computers. (Keep in mind that if they are all full, there is most likely a line that starts over by the printers. Yes I was the person who just jumped in and took over a computer with out standing in line because I had no idea that there was even a line...and got I yelled at by one of the workers haha.) Behind the computers is the cafe, which let me tell you, comes in handy especially when you've been at school for over five hours already. I love their lattes <---yes I know, typical white girl. Lattes are lifesavers. But the cafe also has a variety of other drinks and pastry type snacks.  Next to the cafe are the study stalls. This is where I usually go to take notes or finish my math homework. Although its a great place to finish up some homework, it's not the best place to go if you need to concentrate because it is kind of loud being that it's right next to the cafe. Now to my favorite part of the library: "The Quiet Zone." The quiet zone is down stairs. This is where I always go to read or study for an upcoming test.


The library is such a great place for a variety of reasons. The staff is willing to help you find anything you need. You can check out books, and also take out a text book for two hours that teachers put on reserve. You are free to use the computers for any type of homework, research or essays. There are printers available, although you do have to pay a small amount to print. And the most important thing, in my opinion, is the fact that everyone in there is studying and working on homework; it is definitely a great learning environment and has really motivated me to study and get my work done at school, so by the time I get home at night, I can take time to myself and relax!



Spring Semester Hours:

Monday- 7:30am-11:00pm
Tuesday- 7:30am-11:00pm
Wednesday- 7:30am-11:00pm
Thursday- 7:30am-11:00pm
Friday- 7:30am-4:30pm
Saturday- 12:00pm-5:00pm
Sunday- 11:00am-11:00pm

No comments:

Post a Comment