Sunday, February 1, 2015

My Favorite Class


Well, this being only my second semester of college, I can't say I have too many classes under my belt to chose from... However, if I had to chose from the classes from my first semester and now my newly added classes, I would definitely say psychology is by far my favorite class that I have taken here at Santa Barbara City College. Dont get me wrong, I liked my other courses as well. All of my teachers have been absolutely awesome! But psychology is so different from any class I've taken so far. 
When I walked into class on the first day, I have to say I was a little intimidated because the classroom was set up like a small lecture hall. However, the professor ended up being sick and wasn't able to make it to class so we had a sub. A few days after the first class,  our professor Gina Bell sent out an email regarding her absence. In her email she also stated that this class wasn't going to be one that you can expect to zone out in. She really highlighted the fact that she expected the class to actively participate and this was something that made me in the slightest bit nervous-only because I am typically not the type of person who likes to speak up in class. 

During the next class, we all finally got to meet our professor and she proved herself to be my absolute favorite professor so far! Her teaching style really helps everyone to feel comfortable in class and I am never afraid to speak up. She is a very helpful teacher but she still leaves room for you to learn and expand your mind on the subject that is being taught.

My main reason for writing about my favorite class is to tell you that when you're picking out your courses for the semester-take chances! I had no desire to take a psychology class but I ended up adding it just because I wasn't sure what else to take...however, I've only been in the class for two weeks and I'm strongly considering changing my major to psychology!






No comments:

Post a Comment