Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Friends

Throughout this past semester I have really began to acknowledge the importance of having great friends.

I was very nervous to move from living alone to student living at the beginning of this semester. I'm sure as many of you also felt, I was scared that I wouldn't get along with my roommates. I mean of course that's part of college, but with my personality and the fact that I really don't like change all that much, I was extremely worried about how I would adapt.

I remember the first time I met all of my roommates, of course it was kind of awkward at first, but they really made me feel welcomed and really tried to include me which was extremely helpful in making it easier for me to adapt to my new living situation.

As the semester progressed, my roommates and I got very close and I'm am so happy with my decision to move to tropicana gardens. I have made friends that will last a lifetime.

My actual roommate, Jess, and I stay up all late almost every night just talking about our day, and listening to one another. It has been so great to become best friends with my roommate because I always know that when I come home, she'll be there to talk to if I had a bad day, or even if I had a great day! It's so important to have people in your life that you know you can turn too, especially if you are living far away from your family!

I just want to urge any of you who may be apprehensive about moving in with other people or obtaining other roommates to just go ahead and do it! You never know who you'll meet, they might just turn out to be a great person and life long friend whom you may have never met if it wasn't for college. I also think it's important if you do have roommates, to try to be there for them, even if you don't exactly 'mesh'. Everyone's in the same boat; virtually new to living on there own and being away from their family and childhood friends. Everyone needs somebody, and I know that if it wasn't for the roommates I have now, I wouldn't be enjoying college half as much as I am! They have really made my first year of college a great experience and one to remember!


No comments:

Post a Comment