Tuesday, September 15, 2015

It's that time again


WELCOME BACK! (Or simply WELCOME if this is your first year at Santa Barbara City College). I can’t believe that it’s that time again. I am so excited to be back blogging for this awesome school and guiding you through the student and all around college life at Santa Barbara City College this year. I am going to start with a little motivation for this year to get everyone excited about not only your up and coming year at SBCC but also your life to come as a whole!

This summer I’ve been pretty comfortable with the definition of spontaneous. Primarily, that means attending many last minute music festivals that cost way more than they should and putting myself out there in ways I really hadn’t before, which unanimously lead to me not only finding out a ton about myself, but also creating myself throughout these past three months. I made sure to document all of the crazy fun things that occurred this summer (some planned, others not so well planned, and some unexpected completely), but basically what I am leading into is that somewhere in this ridiculously pleasant summer, I blinked and it was the middle of August. Although this summer was unbelievably awesome, there was, of course, some bumps in the road. I mean, life isn’t always a walk in the park, but the most important thing that I think I’ve learned over the summer is “Dang, I’ve really grown”.  Perhaps, I think I have grown more in this one summer than any other.
Life “sucks” because there’s no way to get “there” without experiencing a journey and that journey can, at times, feel like a steep hill up a rocky mountain, but looking at these steep journeys that occur throughout our lives, you can really see the beauty; each one of these steep hills results in a great outcome, possibly leading to great other opportunities.
I am both terrified and completely comforted when I refer back to the fact that everything that I have experienced so far in my life is “only the beginning”. The fact that I am not even nineteen yet, really excites me. Dispositions aside, the tangible result of all of the “thus far” is that I have answers to some of the most unnerving questions that cross my mind today. And that is true for all of us college students. So lets all make this year a great one. Let’s have fun and be college kids, and do crazy last minute things with our best friends, and make new friends, but still do well in school and make good decisions (most of the time wink, wink). This is our time so don’t waste it!


Have a great start to fall semester 2015, enjoy yourself and accomplish lots because it will be winter break before you know it!! Remember this really is only the beginning and every bump in the road is a learning experience and only a set up for something better to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment