Friday, January 22, 2016

Figuring out the right path to take

Lately I've been struggling a lot with not knowing where I want my life to be after this semester ends. I can't believe that this is my fourth semester at Santa Barbara City College. I remember walking into my first college class and thinking that I have so much time to figure out what the next steps would be. It's so crazy how when you're living in the moment it seems like you have so much time, when in reality, you blink and your time at community college has expired.


Anyways, I have been spending so much time thinking about where I want to transfer and how I want my life to be next year and I'm sure as many of you are also finding out... it is such a hard decision. One day I find myself wanting to stay in Santa Barbara and go to UCSB. Santa Barbara is so beautiful and I almost feel like a fool for even having a grim thought of possibly wanting to leave such a great place. However, on the other hand I sometimes find myself wanting to get out of this 'rut' that I find myself in here in SB. Although it's such a fabulous place, I feel like I might need a change; maybe experience a different part of California and meet new kinds of people. It is such a hard decision, and luckily those of us transferring next year have about two more months to decide...but that also means two more months of running our brains ragged trying to figure out what the best possible decision is for us. 

Although I go back and forth between wanting to stay in Santa Barbara and wanting to branch out and try something new, I always seem to come back to the fact that I may not be able to move around much and experience new places when I am actually established and have a job after college. I think this is one of the great perks of going to a community college; you have the opportunity to experience yet another college/city/environment after you finish your first two (or three) years. I think for anyone that is transferring next year this is definitely something to take into consideration! Best of luck to those of you aboard the same struggle bus as I am, we will eventually make a decision, and I have faith that it will be the right one!

No comments:

Post a Comment