Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Adding Workout Time into your Busy Schedule

I have always been the type of person to try and add in workouts even with my busy school schedule because I know working out has so many great benefits especially while you are cooped up in a classroom or doing homework all day, however, this semester I have changed a few things about my little regimen I have going for myself.

Since the beginning of the semester I have been trying to go out to the track with friends and this had made wanting to workout so much easier. My roommates and I have made a pact to encourage each other to hit the track at least three days a week after class. To be honest, I used to dread the end of the day workouts because I was so exhausted from classes all day, however, ever since I started working out with my friends, I have actually been looking forward to our time at the track. I think it is beneficial to workout out with friends for even more than the obvious encouraging of one another. I have realized by going to the track with others it is beneficial to your mind as well; that is, you sort of have time for a mini therapy session and to get out all of your frustrations or drama you may have encountered throughout the day.

My friends and I have also decided that  each day we go to the track we will rotate workouts. Each day we go, a different person chooses the workouts that we are going to do on that given day. This keeps your body from getting used to one specific workout that you do and helps you to reap more benefits from the workout. 

Another thing that is great about working out at the track is that you have the beautiful scenery. I usually go around 5 o'clock which happens to be at sunset, and let me tell you, the stadium is such a great place to watch the sun go down! Just more motivation to head out to the track!


I have found that even after a rough day of classes, I am more willing to finish up homework at the end of the night if I give myself time to go workout. It releases those positive endorphins that give me the strength to keep powering out homework! So get up and get moving, and your day will definitely be more productive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment