Sunday, October 5, 2014

Familiar Faces

This weekend I got to see some familiar faces! My tutor/family friend and her daughter, from my hometown (Bakersfield) came out to see me cheer at the City College football game! It is always nice to see familiar faces in college, especially people who mean so much to you.

To be honest, leaving Bakersfield wasn't all that hard for me. I had lived in many different places growing up. I got to experience the midwest being born in Illinois and moving to Michigan I got to experience the east coast when my dad had a job transfer to Virginia, and I ended up moving back to the midwest before my dad got transferred to Bakersfield, California. Because of all of the moves I had been through during my childhood I got to experience many different ways of life, I guess you could say. Although I had some great times in Bakersfield, I also went through some hard times and met a lot of people that weren't the best influences, making it easy for me to move on. However, there were a few people that I met in Bakersfield that really left footprints on my heart, and it has been hard to be a couple of hours away from them.

I was so excited to be reunited with a couple of those people this weekend! Before the game we went to breakfast at Savoy Cafe & Deli. It was delicious, I really recommend their yogurt and granola, along with their chocolate chip muffins! It was so great to get to see them, and I am so thankful to have people who will sit through an entire football game in 98 degree weather just to watch me cheer! Yes, I am pretty sure it got even hotter than 98 degrees on Saturday. After the game, we went to backyard bowls and talked and visited some more.

It was a great feeling to catch up with friends that I hadn't seen in a while. I am so grateful to have such amazing people in my life!

Thank you Beth and Emma for coming out to visit for the day! I had a ton of fun and can't wait to see you guys again!

No comments:

Post a Comment