Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Time Management

Lately, time management has been something that I have been lacking...
I think it might have something to do with the semester being half over and the fact that midterms are in full effect-meaning I have more studying to do than ever. My problem here is that I have so much homework and studying lying ahead of me, that the thought of starting the never ending process is grueling.

This past weekend I had full intentions of starting my homework and thought I would begin studying, that was until life got in the way and watching tv and hanging out with friends sounded much better than being secluded in books all day. So as you can predict, I got absolutely nothing done this weekend making for an extremely stressful week.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS.

I understand that everyone is going to go through this procrastination at some point so I've began to think of ways that I could have prevented this impossible, pile-up of a work load, while still being able to enjoy myself this weekend.

The first thing that came to mind was: "Why didn't you just wake up an hour or two earlier and get some homework done, so that you could enjoy the day out with friends while not letting your homework pile up?" Well I know the answer, because sleeping in on the weekends without setting an alarm is much more pleasurable. However, this is college and I am ultimately here to study, so some compromises have to be made if I want to enjoy time with friends and achieve good grades. So this coming weekend, yes I will be setting my alarm and getting that studying done before I have time to regret it.

Another thing I thought about was the fact that I spent more enough time watching pointless television when I could have been going over lecture notes or spending some time jotting down a few math problems. I remember saying I just don't have time for all this homework as I'm sitting on my bed flipping through channels. (Classic college student move, I know.) Needless to say, this weekend my TV will be off until I get a significant amount of homework done.

Priorities, priorities, priorities.

This weekend I learned that I really need to keep my priorities in mind and with that, I will have time to do both my school work and have time left over to hang out with friends. I'm glad I had a weekend where I put off all of my homework, because now I know I will never do that again!


No comments:

Post a Comment