Sunday, October 26, 2014

What a Weekend


This weekend my mom came to Santa Barbara to visit me all the way from Minnesota! Before this weekend, I hadn't seen her for about six weeks. I know many of you college students out there haven't seen your parents since school started and I really feel for you because me and my family are very close and being away from them for six weeks was hard.

Anyways, I had such a great time with my mom. We sure did squeeze a lot in. On friday when she got here, I picked her up from the airport and then we drove to Isla Vista so that I could show her that it really wasn't as crazy as she had imagined... (of course, we did drive through when It was day time... for a reason, haha). On our way back to Santa Barbara, we stopped to picked up some pumpkins to carve later in the weekend and do a little grocery shopping at Trader Joes. I highly recommend shopping for groceries at Trader Joes to all college students that have to cook for themselves. They offer a great variety of frozen single meals including enchiladas, lasagna, mac n cheese, pizza, raviolis, waffles.. basically anything you can think of. They also offer ready to eat, refrigerated chicken, which is a simple healthy add on to any salad or pasta dish.. not to mention it is delicious. Moving on, after we did some grocery shopping we stopped and ate at crush cakes. If you live in Santa Barbara, or IV for that matter and you haven't tried crush cakes, you are definitely missing out. There is two crush cakes locations in Santa Barbara and one in Isla Vista. They have the best sandwiches, salads and of course cupcakes.. and they also have a few mexican dishes and breakfast items. I would recommend the Grilled cheese, it is to die for.

On Saturday, my mom got to come watch me cheer at the City College football game. It was so nice to be able to look up in the stands and see her cheering me on (Even though thats my job. Haha). It felt just like the good old times cheering for high school games-only 100 times better because we were in Santa Barbara and you look past the stadium and see the beautiful view of the ocean.

Today we went shopping on state and then went to go see the movie Ouija. It was a classic scary movie with the "not so good" acting, but I still had fun! After the movie I had to go drop her off at the airport :( It was hard to say good-bye to her, especially because she was only here for about two days, but the distance makes our time together that much more special. Only four more weeks until I go Home for Thanksgiving, yay!

If you haven't already started college, my advice to you would be to spend as much time as you can with your family. They are the people that will stick by your side no matter what may cross your path. They will always be the people you can count on. And if you are in college right now, my advice would be to cherish every moment you have with your family and let them know how much they are appreciated when they do come to visit or vice versa.

Remember: Family is forever and most friends soon become whatever ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment