Monday, February 8, 2016

HOMEWORK BLAHH

In college homework is definitely inevitable, as we all know by know. However, we will all, at some point reach a point in the semester where we have no desire to open up a textbook and dissect it for three hours, or write another five page essay. Even though I haven't quite yet hit this point, most likely because it's only the beginning of the fourth week, but I know this point will unfortunately hit me sooner or later. That is exactly why I am trying to prepare myself as best I can, so that when the time comes that I would rather deep clean my whole house than read a chapter in my textbook, I will be able to surpass the urge to procrastinate.

The first thing I did when the semester began, was dedicate myself to going to the library at least 2-3 days out of the four days I attend classes. So far, I have stuck to this and am so far ahead in most of my classes. I also figured that going to the library during the actual school week would be super beneficial because I am able to work on the information that I learned in class that day and it has helped me retain so much more information. I used to always go to the library on Friday's, Saturday's and Sunday's, and just study at home during the week - which all of us college kids know that when you plan to study at home, very little actually gets achieved, except for a few episodes of Netflix and some Instagram stalking. So my advice to you would be to go to the library and study during the week instead of pushing all of your homework off onto the weekend; this way you will attain the maximum amount of information while it is still in your brain and also minimize the amount of homework you have to do over the weekend!

Since I have been going to the library more frequently, I have been taking advantage of some of the resources that are offered. First of all, the book store ran out of geography textbooks so I ended up never purchasing one. One day when I was at the library I decided to check out the textbook and I realized that not enough people take advantage of this awesome feature our library has! I also recently found out that our library has a nifty little machine that is specifically for photocopying, so I took the textbook over there and scanned the first three chapters that accounted for the first month of readings and at the end the machine will actually email you the pictures. It is super handy and also saves you a ton of money on a textbook. 

Everyone should take advantage of the awesome features our school has - they can save you a lot of money and make life oh so much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment