Tuesday, November 4, 2014

24 things I wish I knew in high school

Earlier today I was looking back at my high school experience. I thought of all the great times I had through out those four years, but I also thought of all the things that I let bug me that have no significance to my life today.

24 Things I Wish I Realized in High School:
  1. That zit on your cheek-it seriously does not matter
  2. Skipping class one time will not ruin your life, nor your GPA
  3. The boy your trying so hard to impress will mean nothing to you in a year
  4. Bring coffee to school
  5. Bring a snack too, who cares if people can hear you eating in class
  6. Being popular isn't something that will ever define who you are
  7. Appreciate your teachers and accept the help they offer you
  8. Doing or not doing drugs doesn't make you cooler than anyone else
  9. Same goes for drinking
  10. Participate in school events
  11. Wear sweatpants everyday
  12. Or...wear a dress everyday
  13. Wear what ever makes you feel comfortable
  14. Talk to the kid sitting alone; it may not change your life, but it may drastically change theirs
  15. Utilize the library
  16. Don't wait 20 minutes to text someone back just to seem cool
  17. Tell your friend how much you love them
  18. Cherish your FREE textbooks
  19. That fight you had with your mom really isn't that big of a deal
  20. Don't let your desire for a romantic relationship hold you back from creating strong friendships
  21. Help the confused freshman; remember how much you would have appreciated that help.
  22. Its okay to cry
  23. Its okay to have a bad day 
  24. Remember that life does go on

I think its important to go back and realize that all these minor complications we faced throughout are high school years really do seem silly now. Acknowledging these things can really help us make the best of our college years by moving on from them and not returning to these "mini crisis-end of the world" habits! To make the most out of college we can't sweat the small irrelevant things. We should only focus on what we desire to accomplish in these four years, because from what I'm told, these four years go by even quicker than high school did. So keep that in mind :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment