Sunday, November 9, 2014

Home

This weekend I went back to Bakersfield (where I moved here from) to visit my best friend, Parris. Before this weekend, I hadn't been back to Bakersfield since I moved to Santa Barbara three months ago. It was so great seeing my best friend again! Reunited and it feels so good! We kind of lost touch over the summer because we were both very busy and were each going through some things of our own, but of course we still remained friends. When I went back this weekend it was just like old times! We ate out at my favorite Bakersfield restaurants, got our nails done, went shopping, went in her jacuzzi, went on a bike ride and of course, we had to do some partying... haha.We shared so many laughs and reminisced on so many memories and it has really brought to my attentions that Parris will be a life long best friend. No matter where our paths take us, I know that we will always have a special place in our hearts for each other.

This weekend also brought another thing to my attention. When I was driving into Bakersfield, it felt like I was going home. I basically grew up in Bakersfield for the majority of my teenage years. However, as I've said in previous blogs, my parents and sister no longer live in bakersfield. They now live in Minnesota because of a job transfer. Moving on, today as I was driving back into Santa Barbara I caught myself saying, "It will be nice to go home and relax tonight before class tomorrow". Now I am sitting here thinking to myself, and I have come to the conclusion that I am one of the luckiest girls in the world. Why? Because I have three amazing places to call home, each with amazing people. How many people get to say the have a home at the beach, a home with the best family in the world, and another home with their very best friend and her awesome family? Not many. I am very blessed, and very thankful for the great life I have!

"Home is where your heart is"

Thank you again Winders family for having me this weekend!

~Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment