Sunday, November 9, 2014

Why I would recommend SBCC

As the semester comes to a close, I thought I'd share a few things that makes Santa Barbara City College better than any other city college around, in personal opinion.

As most of you may know, SBCC was rated #1 city college in the U.S. last year. My experience here at SBCC has only confirmed that statement. For starters, i believe SBCC has the best view compared to any college out there. I mean what other college has their football stadium almost directly on the beach? Not to mention the miraculous view that you get while watching a football game. If you have a break in between classes the beach is always kindly inviting you to go soak up some sun or study in the sand.

Another thing that I absolutely love about SBCC is the professors. They are all (at least from my experience so far) so dedicated and willing to help. I have had to miss a few days this semester for various reasons, but all of my professors have been very helpful and accommodating with make up work, ect. All of my professors, thus far, have also been very willing to set up one-on-one appointments to help me set up a study guide for a test, or help me if I am struggling in a subject. In high school, I can honestly say that I did not receive the proper help that I needed to succeed, but here at SBCC I can say the complete opposite. Every professor here, seems to want to be here and is very encouraging to each and every student!

The last thing I want to add is that even though SBCC is a city college/community college, it has far exceeded my expectations. I never feel like I am at a little community college. SBCC offers so much more than I have ever seen offered at any other city college. Maybe going to a university isn't right for you at the moment, but you also don't want to be stuck in your town going to a community college, SBCC is definitely the happy medium. SBCC offers a few choices of dorm style living, and the campus is far from the typical city college campus!

I highly recommend this college, it has helped me grow in so many ways and I have only been here for one semester! I can't wait to see what else is to come here at Santa Barbara City College!

No comments:

Post a Comment