Monday, March 7, 2016

There's More to IV Than Partying

As you all have probably gathered, I have been trying to get out and explore Santa Barbara a lot more, not only just enjoy the beautiful city we live in, but also to help relieve at least some of the stress that I've talked about in previous posts. Well this weekend one of the adventures I took on was a beautiful bike ride out in Isla Vista. First of all, I had no idea how beautiful some of the beaches are out past the Isla Vista elementary school, nor did I know that there are some awesome bike and running trails over there past the ecological preserve.

On Sunday afternoon, my friend Matt and I decided to embark on what I thought was going to be a leisurely bike ride through the paved Isla Vista streets. Little did I know that this bike ride was actually a pretty legit ride through some dirt trails along a beautiful stretch just above the cliffs past the far end of del playa. There were tons of people kite surfing (which I hope will be an adventure I take on in the near future...stay tuned) and a bunch of people out enjoying the beautiful trails and beautiful day. It was such a relaxing thing to do on a sunday to wind down the weekend and get your mind set for the week ahead.


There were some sketch parts of the ride where I gladly hopped off of my bike to avoid plummeting down some pretty steep rocky points in the trail and one pretty brutal uphill stretch, but hey, why not get a little workout in too! My favorite part of the ride was when we got to these bluffs at our destination. There was a place to set our bikes down and head down a trail to the beach. The beach is covered in cool rocks filling alms the entire beach and there was also some really cool, whole shells. I was super pumped about the shells because not many beaches over in Santa Barbara have many shells, if any.

I was super happy to find this beautiful place out in IV, because usually when you think of nice trails and nice beaches around here, you think of wither Santa Barbara or Montecito. I have been kind of nervous about moving back out to IV next year because Iv is indefinitely known for its partying and this aspect sometimes overwhelms the actual beauty that can be found in IV.

If you haven't already experienced some of the beauty IV has to offer, I highly recommend it!

#There'sMoreToIVThanPartying

Have a fab week, and remember that spring break is closely approaching, you can do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment