Thursday, March 3, 2016

My Favorite Places on Campus

Today I got out of class early, so as I was strolling around campus the idea popped into my head that it would be awesome to share my favorite places on campus, so you too could enjoy them!

Enjoying my morning with
some good company at the
look out spot on east campus
My all-time top favorite spot on campus would be the lookout on east campus over by the humanities building. I usually find myself spending my few minutes before my psychology class overlooking the beautiful harbor with some good friends - and let me tell you, this is the best start to a monday morning. I truly do think relaxing around this peaceful and beautiful view really sets my day up to be more productive, efficient and just over all better!

Next, one of my other favorite spots would be the concrete benches over on east campus that are located just before you reach the staff parking lot while walking up by the PE buildings. I love this spot because it is such a convenient place for me to write some blogs or study some flashcards if I get out of class early. There is hardly ever anyone sitting there so it is super relaxing, especially because you can see the ocean from this lovely spot too! Another plus to these little benches is that the sun beats directly on them in the afternoon and for some reason or another, there seems to be no breeze, so this is the perfect spot to catch some rays and warm-up if you find that you have extremely cold classrooms, like I do.

Even though, this next spot isn't exactly open to all students, it very well could be! I am talking about the LFC. Although you do have to be enrolled to workout and participate in the group fitness classes, I highly recommend it, as it did make my list of favorite places on campus. I am so happy that I enrolled in the LFC. Since exercise is one of the best forms of stress relief, I think that everyone should take advantage of the awesome gym that is right on campus. Today, I had a quiz my geography lab, so I knew we were going to get out at least an hour and a half early. This morning I threw on my workout clothes, made sure I had a towel and headed off to class. We did, indeed get out of class two hours early, so I headed to the LFC to get a quick workout in before my first class, and I actually noticed that I actually stayed awake, was much more engaged in my lecture and actually got all of the clicker questions right after hitting the gym. So if you haven't yet thought about joining the gym you should definitely do so for next semester, it really helps in many aspects with college life!

Those are just a few of my favorite spots on campus, perhaps in a later blog I will share some more!

Hope you all have a safe, fun and stress free weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog, Hannah! You hit all the spots I like as well. I used to teach in the LFC and I agree wholeheartedly with your comments about it.
    I invite you down to Los Banos pool to see the swim classes SBCC offers there. I teach a Swim for Conditioning class and I'd love to meet you. Come by and say hi once the new term starts. Maybe you'll discover another favorite spot to write about!

    ReplyDelete