Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Recent Festivities

These past couple of days have consisted of a few Santa Barbara firsts for me. Although I have lived here in SB for almost a year and a half, there are still some things I haven't done yet. That being said, you can only imagine all of the awesome things that there are to do here seeing that I have been here for a year and a half and I still haven't accomplished many of the awesome things there are to do in this beautiful city.

First, I want to take a second and say how awesome pressed juicer is. Everyone has always ranted and raved about this super healthy, super tasty juicer, however, I never had the desire to waste my hungry stomach on a bottle full of mashed up veggies. Regardless, I was on State Street tis previous weekend and passed by pressed juicer and for some odd reason and sample what I once though was nonsense and give in to the Santa Barbara "health-freak" society. Well needless to say, I sampled a couple different juices and they were actually pretty tasty (however, I still don't think I would be able to finish an entire bottle); but then... I saw the machines that produce a frozen juice blend and I was in! Needless to say, I am now obsessed  with pressed juicer's frozen blends. Let me tell you, these things are awesome! They have several flavors ranging from more slushy- fruit and veggie based blends to the staple vanilla and chocolate flavors. The best part about these are that, even though they are extremely tasty, they are also really healthy, as they are made up of the same contents as the juices, but are just simple frozen. You can also get a variety of different toppings ranging from dark chocolate chips, yogi berries (which are my personal favorite), almond butter, and a variety of berries. Basically, these frozen pressed juices are a significantly healthier version of fro-yo (which is probably why I was intrigued in the first place, because I love frozen yogurt). Anyways, I would highly recommend trying pressed juicery even if you are typically opposed to drinking your veggies - they have other tasty options - but beware, the freezes may become an addiction!

The other first for me this weekend was attending a showing of the movie Dead Pool at the West Wind Drive-in with a few good friends. I have never been to a drive-in and let me tell you, it was a blast! I was actually surprised that there was a lot of people there; by the time the movie started, the parking lot was full. So I guess Im pretty late jumping on the bandwagon of the great time the drive-in entails, but i'm guessing that I'm not the only college kid who has been distracted by the party life in IV, and only devoting my friday and saturday nights to socializing at house parties. So if you're looking for something to do instead of going out and partying, I highly suggest going to the drive-in. You still get to hang with good friends, make good memories and have a great time while bypassing the parties and staying completely sober.

Happy Hump Day Everyone! Have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment