Thursday, March 19, 2015

Online Classes

Well this week I started not only my first online class, but my first late start class. Prior to this week, school has already been stressing my out but recently I had begun to find a balance with homework and 'me' time, and the stress I was feeling was finally starting to diminish. However, that quickly changed when I started my late-start finance class on Monday. Since I enrolled in finance 100, I didn't think that it would require much attention-being that it would all be common sense, since it is a general personal money management class. Well yes, as you can imagine by how this blog started, I was completely wrong.

I logged onto moodle to begin this course and being that I have never taken an online class, I was oblivious to how the whole system worked.. which meant I had to watch an absurd amount of time consuming videos just to learn how to navigate the site. Next, I scrolled down and saw that we will be reading on average two to three chapters per week, along with three-four extended homework assignments and two quizzes... yes per week. I guess thats what you get when you sign up for a late-start class. Which is completely understandable-I was just caught up in the fact that I would only have to take this class for approximately nine weeks opposed to sixteen.

My advice to you is, make sure you are sure that you will have enough time in your schedule with school work, homework, and any other obligations you may have to add an extra three units of online work for yourself. Also really take into consideration your best ways of learning.. for myself, I am not so good at solely reading information and being able to retain it just from text. I am more of a hands on and audio learning type of person. I like to be able to see what I'm learning, hear it, and then be able to apply it using real life situations. However, if you are up for a challenge and want to broaden your ways of retaining information, online classes would be great for you! Just know that if you do happen to take a late-start class,you are in for a lot of homework!

As my mom said, "hey, it may be hard, but it will get you out of college faster and on to bigger and better things!"

No comments:

Post a Comment