Sunday, April 3, 2016

Aerial Yoga

Adventure one of my spring break:

I wasn't exactly looking forward to spring break as much as I usually am, probably due to the fact that my family and I usually have an extravagant trip to Hawaii planned... and this year that was not possible because my sister and I didn't end up having the same week of spring break. I was looking forward to a week off of school, but I sure didn't have the same excitement as I would have for a trip to Hawaii. However, I must say, I severely underestimated my spring break. I have had such a fun, yet relaxing break... and my body is definitely thanking me for this much needed break! Hopefully everyone else had a great relaxing break as well!

I ended up going home for half of break and then coming back to Santa Barbara for the other half (this proved to be such a great balance). Anyhow, my mom, my sister and I decided to take a day trip on Tuesday to LA to hang out and have some girl time, ya know the typically shopping day while also eating at some cute, little, (over priced) cafe's in LA. In addition to shopping, we also decided that we all wanted to try aerial yoga. My mom had seen a post on Facebook advertising an aerial yoga studio in West LA and thought it would be fun if we all gave it a shot. I have been a dancer and cheerleader almost all of my life and I also enjoy practicing yoga so I was immediately in... however, my mom and sister both think yoga is boring (like I'm sure many people do) and aren't really all for it, so I was surprised when everyone agreed to take any yoga class let alone swinging around on silks upside down doing yoga poses. I was pretty excited to see how this little adventure would turn out.


I walked into the studio all confident and excited, and then we got assigned our silks and were waiting for the instructor and I kid you not, all of the other students were swinging around on there silks and were doing, what looked like all of these exotic positions and I turned to my mom and sister and we all just started laughing, thinking there's no way we are going to be able to do this.

To my surprise we all ended up doing really well! Actually my mom and sister were both super good at most of the positions and I was the one struggling to keep up at some points! It was such a fun thing to do together and more than anything, I'm had such a fun day hanging out with my mom and sister while trying something new and exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment