Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Saving Money

As I have mentioned previously, I ended up having to quit my job for numerous reasons. I knew this would mean that I was going to have to stop spending as much money as I would normally freely spend, but I also didn't realize how much money I actually spent each month, let alone each week. When you don't have a pay check coming in, you begin to question whether or not you really need that morning latte, or if you can suffer through the torture of running the day on no caffeine.

This was one of my realizations: I spend way too much money on Starbucks each week, so that was my first cut back. I used to go to Starbucks and grab a pastry with my caramel latte around four to five times a week... Now I'm trying to cut back to just once or twice a week-which has actually proven to be extremely difficult, and has lead to some pretty angry mornings. Luckily, my mom actually picked up a Kuerig for me last time I was at home which has proven to be a tremendous help in saving money. If you are a coffee fanatic, but really want to cut back on spending money on over priced latte's, I highly recommend investing in a Kuerig. Sure you have to pay for the pods, but let me tell you a box of 24 pods for $8.00 gives you 24 cups of coffee for the price of two lattes... so yes, I guarantee this will save you much money (and frustration) in the long run!

Another one of my money pits proved to be eating out. When you have that pretty nice paycheck coming in twice a month, you never really think twice about going to Chipotle for dinner even though you have plenty of groceries in the fridge. I realized that I ate out way too much. I would go grocery shopping and get a bunch of great food to make for dinner (spending money at the grocery store for all of this food) and then end up eating out for dinner four times a week.... which then my groceries would go bad and then I would repeat the cycle. WASTE OF MONEY PEOPLE. I know I'm not the only one that does this, so only buy groceries that you know you are going to use, and plan out your week- so you like to eat out, it changes things up a bit... so go out to eat twice a week instead of four our five times and make sure to use up all of your groceries so that you are making the most out of your money!

SO yes basically, I wasted most of my money on food... which now that I think about it was kind of dumb because I was solely being careless. This is just my scenario, but if you guys are looking to save money my advice would be to make sure you are only buying groceries that you need, and not letting them go to waste. And seriously, get that Kuerig if you are a coffee drinker, it really is a huge money saver!

No comments:

Post a Comment