Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Interviews.......

I actually have an interview today for a lifeguarding and swim instructor position at Cathedral Oaks Athletic Club. I am super excited and actually not as nervous as I usually find myself when I am preparing for an interview... I think this probably has something to do with all of the preparation steps I've taken prior to this interview.

I know summer is approaching and I'm sure many of you, if you're not already working, will be applying to jobs soon for a summer position as you will probably have much more time on your hands than during the semester. So here are a few pointers if you don't know how to prepare for an interview, or if you find yourself getting nervous to head into an interview.

Monday8:00am - 4:15pm
Tuesday8:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday8:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday8:00am - 4:15pm
Friday8:00am - 1:00pm
Step 1- Consult the career center for help!
The career center is such an awesome guide in not only helping you look for open job positions that meet your qualifications, but also to assist you in starting / tweaking your resume! I went into the career center to grab a couple templates to refer to while freshening up my resume. This was super helpful, as it helped me create a very professional resume, and in turn took off a lot of the stress of wondering if my resume was going to make the cut for employers. Another great aspect of the career center, is that the staff in there is always so helpful and willing to look over your resume and help give some advice on how to make your resume standout from all the others that the employer may be receiving. If you are currently job hunting, utilize the career center, it is such a helpful resource!

Step 2- Once you have gotten / scheduled an interview, make sure you do some research on the company that you will potentially be working for! This will help you to feel more prepared just in case they ask you a few questions about the company. If you show up knowing a few details about the company, you will also be able to draft conversation with your interviewer with regards to the company and in turn, you will leave a great impression!

Step 3- Practice answering some interview questions. I looked up some frequently asked interview questions and had my roommates ask me a few of them last night just to ease my nerves and reassure myself that I do know what I'm talking about. A few of the most common interview questions are "What do you think your greatest asset it?" "What is your experience in this field?" "What do you believe your greatest flaw is?" Before you go into your interview, brainstorm a few answers to the questions that you would potentially use as answers. Again, if you go in prepared, you will be much more confident and, in turn, be able to relax making the interview much less intimidating!

Basically, as long as you prepare yourself, you will be in good shape! Just take a few deep breaths before you get out of your car and walk into the office with your head healed high and show that you are confident in yourself!

Good luck is you are currently job hunting and interviewing! You'll be just fine!

2 comments:

  1. Great post Hannah! Thanks for the Career Center shout out! Good luck with the interview--let me know if you want to talk about salary negotiation strategies ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,Get Your Ex Back, You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete