Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Sweet Tooth

I have always been a huge sweet/dessert fan, and I am proud to say, nothing has changed! From being all for going out at midnight and walking down Embarcerdero Del Norte (if I'm in IV for the night) and grabbing an infamous "cookiewich" from IV drip to heading over to crush cakes during my hour break in-between classes to grab a cupcake. Santa Barbara definitely doesn't fall in the aspect of having great places to head to to get a fabulous, great tasting dessert!

A few of my top favs:

IV DRIP-
Although it's located in Isla Vista and I no longer live out there, this place remains one of my favorite dessert places. They have everything from cookies, to brownies, to McConnel's ice-cream and any combination of the three! My favorite thing is definitely the "cookiewich", which as it sounds, is a is an ice-cream sandwich. However, they have an endless assortment of flavors when it comes to cookies, from s'mores, to peanut butter cup, to just plain chocolate chip. They are fabulous... and you definitely can't go wrong with their large variety of McConnel's ice-cream flavors! If you haven't tried this place out yet, I highly recommend giving it a shot! You won't be disappointed!


Crushcakes Cafe-
This is another one of my absolute favorite places to grab a quick dessert at. I am a cupcake fanatic, so you'll definitely find me at crushcakes more than would be for my own good, but hey, we're young so enjoy all those cupcakes while you've still got your fast metabolism! Anyways, crushcakes is one of the best cupcakery's that I've been too. They always have their regular cupcakes, such as their famous peace cake, but they also have a different special everyday and you can never go wrong with any cupcake you choose from here! Chrushcakes is also a cafe and has multiple different pastries and coffee for breakfast as well as a separate breakfast and lunch menu that has everything from pancakes and breakfast burritos, to salads and panini's. I highly suggest trying this place out! It is also a great place to study if you ever get sick of the library, the environment is awesome!

The School's Cafe-
I know this might sound a little weird but the best cookie I have ever had was from our school's cafe! All of the bakery items are made fresh by the culinary students and are phenomenal. My favorite is the oatmeal cookie. Pair is with a latte from the buzz shack and you have a fabulous little study snack!

I hope I didn't make you too hungry! Have a great rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment